NOTICE: Starting 1/16/2017 A monthly MailChimp newsletter setup is included in the one-time setup fee at registration.
We’ve designed our websites to be seamlessly integrated with the powerful MailChimp tools. More than 7 million people use MailChimp to design and send email marketing campaigns. Although there are a number of email marketing tools available to optimize email campaigns, MailChimp is one of the most popular email marketing services, which makes it easy to design and share email campaigns, manage your subscribers lists, and track results. You won’t find this important and powerful integration on the free dōTERRA corporate website provided to Wellness Advocates
Our MailChimp integration for our subscribers provides multiple ways for you to capture mailing list subscribers to help build your mailing list. You can add a MailChimp opt-in to your contact forms, Heads-Up Lead bar, blog comments, etc. You can also create a MailChimp RSS template to automatically create a newsletter with every blog post on your website.
NOTICE: Starting 1/16/2017 A monthly MailChimp newsletter setup is included in the one-time setup fee at registration. If you have a site registered prior to January 17, 2017, you can follow the instructions below or purchase set up help from our Customization Shop.
The majority of our subscribers will be able to take advantage of a free MailChimp Account which includes many email marketing features. If your mailing list is greater than 2,500 subscribers or if you want to create a more advanced automation campaign then you will need to get a paid account from MailChimp. Note: You will still be able to create autoposted Newsletters whenever you publish your posts with a free account.
Once you have created your account, the first thing you need to do is create a list. Here are step-by-step instructions on creating the framework for the list that you will be adding your newsletter subscribers to when they opt-in on your website. If you would rather us handle this set up for you, you can go to our Customization Shop and order MailChimp set up services for a small one time set up fee.
Once you have created your list, you can next go to “How to Build Your Mailing List”
Building your mailing list is one of the keys to success for email marketing. Now that you have created your MailChimp Mail List, you can now setup any or all of the available Lead Capture Opt-In features available on your website to build your list with prospects and customers.
In addition to the Opt-In options available on your website, to maximize the growth of your mailing list, we recommend that you include MailChimp newsletter list builders for EventBrite and your Facebook Fan Page.
Now that you have your list and lead capture setup, you can now stay connected to your subscribers by sending out newsletter campaigns. Using MailChimp’s RSS to Email you can have your published blog posts automatically sent to your subscribers on a schedule that you determine. There are just a few steps to set up your feed and once you have completed them your RSS feed will run automatically.
Step 1. Create your template.
Your template provides the style and content elements of your newsletter. There are many layout styles available such as single column or multi-column.
Step 2. Setup up your RSS campaign.
- Click on Templates on MailChimp main menu bar
- Click on Create Campaign on upper right side of page and select RSS Driven Campain in drop-down menu.
- Complete section RSS Feed and Send Timing. Here you will enter your RSS Feed URL. The basic feed for your blog will be your complete URL with /feed/ at the end, for example: https://websites.usingessentialoils.com/feed/ On this page you will also select how often you want to send your newsletter, which days of the week and what time of the day. MailChimp provides some FAQs on this page to provide you guidance.
- Click on Recipients on the bottom menu. Here you will select which list and segment of your list (if you have any) that you want to receive your newsletter.
- Click on Setup on the bottom menu. Here you will name your campaign for you own identification, indicate the email subject, the From name and From email address. Note: for you Email subject, you can use a merge tag to pull from your blog post or basic text. You can also include your tracking preferences on this page. NOTE: If you would like the title of your blog post to be the subject on your email put: *|RSSITEM:TITLE|*
- Click on Template on the bottom menu. Then click on Saved Templates and then select the template that you saved in Step 1. If you want to make any additional changes you can click on Design which will bring up the template editing program.
- Click on Confirm – here MailChimp provides a checklist of all of the steps. If there is an item that is not completed or needs adjustments you can access the section to make any of the changes.
- Preview and Test before you start your RSS campaign you will want to preview and test.
- On the Upper right side, click on the Preview and Test menu and select “Enter Preview Mode” and MailChimp will show you what your newsletter will look like in an email and on an iphone. When finished reviewing, close out the preview by clicking the X on the upper right hand side.
- Now select “Send a Test Email” a dialog box will appear for you to enter you email address for you to receive your test.
- Make any adjustments if needed and send another test Email until you are satisfied with the design and content.
- When satisfied, click on Start RSS on the bottom right and your campaign will start as you specified on the setup.
- You will be able to view all of your campaign statistics by going to Campaigns and click on View Report
NOTICE: Starting 1/17/2017 A monthly MailChimp newsletter setup is included in the one-time setup fee at registration. If you registered a website prior to January 17, 2017, you can order set up help from our Customization Shop.